There are no documents to display at present.
Home-learning platforms available online (log-ins are in student planners):
- (teacher email: email@example.com)
Additional free resources:
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ (code: UKTWINKLHELPS)
- https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/ (username:march20 Password:home
Please remember that all registration to online platforms from home will not be covered by Garston Manor's GDPR policy.
- BBC Bitesize for KS1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- BBC Bitesize for KS2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- BBC Bitesize for KS3 https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z4kw2hv
- BBC Bitesize for KS4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3
Online PE ideas can be found on Youtube:
- PE WITH JOE starting Monday 23rd March,at 9am on - YOUTUBE channel: The Body Coach TV 📺 - the Nations PE teacher everyday Monday to Friday at 9am.
See Food Technology Step-by-step recipes in sub-menu link on left.
Please remember that We are Writers is still open and students can access this from home and write their stories. (Student log-in: GMS4)
For higher level resources in Maths, English and Science, parents may register at:
Audible is free for the duration of our closure:
World Book Online have just made their collection of over 3,000 ebooks and audiobooks available for free for children to access at home. There are books suitable for all ages.
Key Stage 3 Home-learning
Our home-learning policy has been reviewed in the light of parental requests.
At Key Stage 3 all students are issued with a termly school diary. The diary contains space for any home-learning to be written in, it also contains a space for notes to and from parents. The student’s current and past targets will be attached inside the front cover.
At the beginning of the academic year a home-learning timetable will be produced.
Key Stage 4 Home-learning
At Key Stage 4 all students are issued with a termly diary. This forms part of their daily working records. It contains space for any home-learning to be written in. It also contains a space for notes to and from parents. Pupils will be expected to write home-learning in their diary, even if they do not eventually complete it. Key Stage 4 diaries will be checked every two weeks by the form tutor. Parents will be informed if the diary is missing. A replacement can be bought from school.
All groups within Key Stage 4 follow externally accredited courses. Home-learning set always underpins the work done in school and may be part of the assessed pieces for a course. It is therefore important that the home-learning is completed appropriately. All Home-learning set will be marked in the students' planners.